What is Find My Device?
Lost or theft of handsets is really painful because a smart device often contains personal and sensitive data. We must take all precautionary measures before any accident happens to us. Today we are discussing your phone’s safety. Android and ios both seriously work out on Smartphone safety and user’s secure data management. Here we are exploring the feature Find My Device.
Find My Device by Android helps users to track their stolen or lost Android devices. Find My Device is part of Google Play Protect, a collection of services designed to protect your phone from unwanted content. It also helps you to remotely lock, ring, and erase your data in Phone. This feature works with Google Location tracking services. Whenever your lost device will be connected to the internet accessibility and location services will be ON, you can locate your device remotely. Keep in mind, your Gmail Account must be set-up on your phone and inter-related with the Find my device program.
Let’s learn about how we can enable the Find My Device feature in our smartphones.
- Open the Play Store on your Phone.
- Search for Find My Device.
- Tap the first search result by Google.Inc and select Install.
- After installation sign-in with Gmail Account.
- Open the Find My Device app on your phone.
- Now Select Gmail Account.
- Tap on Continue.
- Enter your Password and Tap on sign-In.
- Now enable location access on your phone.
- After that, you find a window where you can see details regarding your device e.g. Name, location, ring tone details, battery percentage, Wi-Fi connectivity, etc.
- Tap on Secure Device.
- Here you asked to leave a lock screen message to display for someone who found your phone.
- Give a message along with a Phone number.
- Tap on Secure.
Find out if your phone is searchable from Find My Device?
If you’re signed in to more than one phone, you can select a particular device by searching the list at the top of the screen. Now open Find My Device on your phone. Select your phone from the list of devices at the top of the screen. Now see if your phone is compensable.
How to locate My device Remotely and lock or Erase Data? Step by step guide.
- Tap on Google Chrome/or any other browser.
- Type android.com/find
- Now sign-in to your Gmail Account.
- If you’re signed in to more than one phone, you can select a particular lost device by searching the list at the top of the screen.
- Now the lost phone will get a notification.
- Using the map, now you’ll get info about where the phone is.
- Here you can ring, lock or erase your phone.
- To Unlock Bootloader for Android Device
- Top 12 Best Cloud Backup apps for your Android Device
- How to install USB Drivers on your phone
- How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device
- Secret Codes to unlock hidden features on your smartphone
- How to Root your Android smartphone without Computer
- How to install TWRP recovery on your device
- Download SP Flash Tool on your phone
Note: The above information is only for journal public interest, www.Getdroidpro.com or the author is not responsible for any hardware and software loss damage or illegal misusage of the above material. In case of any query or opinion kindly reply to us in the comments section. Your suggestions and ideas are most valuable for us.