What Is G-Board?
G-board is a practical typing app developed for Android and iOS systems. This typing app having features like glide typing, emoji search, GIFs, Google Translate, handwriting, and predictive. G-board joint the modern mobile keyboard with fun, and helpful many Google features. Many Android devices come with G-board installed as the default keyboard, but it can be added to any Android device.
G-board, Google Keyboard with the new name and interesting features, has just recently made its way to Android. Your Android phone would already be updated with this new default keyboard. If the old Google Keyboard’s limited features forced you to switch to a third-party Android keyboard, then G-board might change your mind. G-board is just as light and fast as the old Google Keyboard, but it comes with unique new features as follows.
Features that you will surely love.
G-Board Built-in Google search.
- The most conversed about the feature, G-board now has a built-in G button to quickly search your queries on Google Search.
- To use the Google Search inside G-board:
- Tap on the big “G button” on the top left corner of the keyboard and you will see the search field.
- Type your query and hit enter to see the results. The search suggestions will also show up on top for you to easily choose from.
- If you get multiple results (like website articles), then tapping on one will enter its link in the text field.
- If there is a single result, like a location or definition of a word, press the “Share” button below to enter it in the text field.
Spacebar as a Trackpad
We all know how difficult it is to place the small cursor in the right spot when you need to rectify a mistake while typing. G-board solves this problem by allowing you to control the cursor using the spacebar key. Simply take your finger left or right on the spacebar to move the cursor in a particular direction.
Unfortunately, you cannot swipe up or down to move the cursor between lines, but you can still use the old method of tapping to quickly place the cursor anywhere you like.
Quickly delete multiple words
When you want to delete multiple words:
- Swipe left from the delete key (tap and swipe) and all the words will start highlighting.
- Once the required words are highlighted, raise your finger from the screen and they will be deleted.
- In the portrait mode, a single swipe usually allows you to delete 5-8 words. You can quickly swipe multiple times to delete more words.
4. Search for Emojis and GIFs
G-board has a new built-in search for emojis and GIFs that you can use to quickly find the right one.
For example, you can type “happy” to see emojis expressing happiness, or type “sad” to see emojis showing sadness.
With G-board, you can type in multiple languages without needing to switch between them. You just need to specify the languages you want to use.
For example, if you like typing in English and Spanish simultaneously, then whenever you will enter a Spanish word while typing English, it will start predicting Spanish words. However, you will have to manually switch between keyboards if the second language is very different from the primary, such as English and Arabic.
To specify the languages you want to use:
- Tap on the “G button” and then tap on the “Gear” icon to access G-board settings.
- Here tap on “Languages” and you will see all the supported languages (over 120).
- Tap the button next to the ones you want to use to enable them.
- The languages will be automatically downloaded and available in G-board.
This is not a new function, but a rather enhanced one. Swipe typing was always available in Google Keyboard, but with G-board many improvements have been made. Now the animations are much smoother and their accuracy has also been enhanced.
The glide typing feature is also much faster now and can handle your hyper-swipe-typing speed. If you are interested in swipe-typing, then give G-board another try. You will definitely be pleased.
Add a permanent Number Row
Although this feature is already offered by other keyboard apps, Google has now finally added it to its stock Android keyboard. Go to Settings from the “G button” and tap on “Preferences”.
- Here enable the option “Number Row” and you will see a number row at the top of the keyboard.
Use One Hand Mode
It can be a big problem to type with one hand on a large display Android phone, so you could easily type with all keys in reach.
For enabling One Hand mode GBoard:
- Tap on the “G button” and click on the “One Hand” mode icon in the middle.
- One Hand mode will be enabled, and you can tap on the expand button on the side of it to switch back to normal mode.
- Capitalize words easily.
- Usually, you need to tap the “Shift” key and tap the letter to add a capitalized letter. However, with G-board you can simply tap on the “Shift” key and swipe to the letter that you want to capitalize and it will type in its capital form.
9. Quickly enter symbols by GBoard
Similar to capitalization, you can also quickly enter symbols by swiping from the “?123” key.
- Simply tap on the “?123” button and swipe upward. The page will immediately change to the symbols page.
- Now leave the swipe over the symbol that you want to use and it will be entered, and you will be automatically switched back to the main keyboard.
This method is definitely a whole lot faster.
How to Install and Use Google’s Keyboard, G-board, on Your Android phone or tablet.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open any app that you can type with, like Gmail or
- Tap where you can enter text.
- At the top left of the keyboard, tap the Open features menu.
- Tap More Settings. Languages.
- Choose the languages you want.
- Select the layout you want to use.
- Now Tap Done.
- To Unlock Bootloader for Android Device
- Top 12 Best Cloud Backup apps for your Android Device
- How to install USB Drivers on your phone
- How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device
- Secret Codes to unlock hidden features on your smartphone
- How to Root your Android smartphone without Computer
- How to install TWRP recovery on your device
- Download SP Flash Tool on your phone
Note: The above information is only for journal public interest, www.Getdroidpro.com or the author is not responsible for any hardware and software loss damage or illegal misusage of the above material. In case of any query or opinion kindly reply to us in the comments section. Your suggestions and ideas are most valuable for us.