Today we have another interesting topic for our readers related to Android devices that are “Overclocking in an Android Phone”. Over Clocking, means gear up or boost your Phone’s Speed to its maximum level. In simple words; overclocking means maximize your phone’s processing capability from normal limit to topmost limit. Users can boost their phone speeds up to a maximum of 15% to 30%. For example; your phone’s running speed is 1 GHz, so you can increase it to 1.2GHz or higher with the Overclocking procedure. Users can also Underclock their phones but here we focus only on Overclocking.
As we know due to advancements in smartphone technology every new Smartphone is dominant over old because with time user’s needs do not rely on limited features and specifications. In old Phones Low RAM, Low processor performance and less memory is a main basic issue that’s force users either buy the latest powerful specifications phone or upgrade an old phone on a specific limit.
Here we explain few lines about the kernel, because of its importance in the Overclocking procedure.
The kernel is a software program that manages internal operations in the Operating system. It often called as bootloader, a kernel program run processes, handle interrupts, manage hard disks, etc. its protected part of memory called the kernel space, android uses a Linux kernel user can change it via rooting his device, that is called a custom kernel.
Overclocking procedure helps those, who use heavy software applications like; games etc.
Now we going to explain Overclocking process but first, we also want to share to readers that, Please keep in mind; Overclocking can heat your Phone or maybe effect on battery life, it also void your phone’s warranty and you will be no longer getting Android software updates and upgrades. We never recommend it, for those Smartphone users whose phones performing well and giving their best.
How can we Overclock an Android phone?
Before Overclocking users need to complete these following steps:
- First of all, in Overclocking process, we advise the user to Boot his phone, as we already explained in details into our previous article, and published about Booting process on our web page so please visit the link
- After the Booting device, the user needs to flash a Custom Recovery which means to create device backup and restore and also allow the user to install Custom ROM. There many ways for Custom Recovery.
- Here is a complete Custom Recovery procedure via TWRP Recovery, please Go to the link
- In the third step user need to backup Phone Data, because on the next coming step we’ll install a custom kernel, so before custom kernel, backup is necessary to avoid data loss. For backup creation Guide please visit at
- How can we choose the right Custom Kernel? This is an important step where you choose the right custom kernel that is compatible with your device. The user keeps focusing on his model during the search of custom kernel because it’s an important part of this entire process that support in Overclocking. We suggest our readers XDA Developers for accurate custom kernel selection and download. It will be downloaded as a zip file and keep it in the internal storage of the phone.
- Now switch off your phone and long press power button along with the volume down button to enter in fast boot mode. if it’s not working so please search your model on Google to find the right key combination to inter in Fast Boot mode.
- After in fast boot mode select fast boot recovery mode by volume keys and power button. We are using TWRP Recovery.
- Now in recovery mode, install kernel zip file and choose a location where you want to save it. After installation, flash Custom recovery by clicking on confirms.
- After taking a few minutes, it will be install, Now wipe cache and after this fix permissions in TWRP.
In some cases kernels allow users to set the CPU Clock Speed in the installation process so the user can make changes if it’s not allowed, at that time, after that or later via CPU Manager apps; so download and install SetCPU from Google Play Store which can you more, We hope our info guide users in a better way.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How to Unlock Bootloader a complete guide for Blu Energy X2 E050U
- Most Popular Cloud Backup apps for your Blu Energy X2 E050U
- Download and Install USB Driver for Blu Energy X2 E050U
- Enable Developer Option or USB Debugging on your Blu Energy X2 E050U
- How to unlock features of the Blu Energy X2 E050U Using Secret Codes
- How to Root your Android smartphone without Computer
- Download Latest TWRP Recovery Zip and How to install TWRP recovery on your Blu Energy X2 E050U
- Download SP Flash Tool for Blu Energy X2 E050U
Note: The above info is only for journal public interest, www.Getdroidpro.com, or the author is not responsible for any hardware and software loss damage or illegal misusage of the above material.